Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Sunday, February 14, 2016

Easy Ass Make & Freeze Breakfast Burritos

My close friends and family know I'm obsessed with cooking and freezing, but I've never really been into the breakfast....until now!

I'm sure I saw this on a Pinterest post in the past, but what really sealed the deal for this recipe for me was a Sunday when I made WAY TOO MANY scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, and bacon for breakfast. Too much bacon?  Indeed. I decided to get creative and throw the mix into some tortillas with some salsa and cheese.  I took them to work that week....Yum.....I was popular.

Fast forward to the past few weeks. I'm addicted to taking these babies to work and eating them in havesies mid-morning. I'm sure you can find a bazillion recipes for breakfast burritos! I encourage you to find your thing. You can go healthy, which I've done before with gluten free tortillas and chicken sausage. Throw whatever the hell you've got in there!  It'll be great!

Start with a carton of eggs...beat em up by hand or mixer. I throw some milk or half and half in there too, salt and pepper.  At least add a T or two of water if you aren't adding dairy...it helps everything mix.


I added some Tony's to my eggs this time too....cuz I like it spicy!!!

Prep your meat...this time I used some black forest ham I had leftover from Costco.  Whatever works for you....Or no meat for vegan.  Bulk it up w/ veggies!


Costco: Your ham is yum.  Thank you.

I left this picture X Large on purpose.  Have you ever seen anything prettier than butter melting in the pan?  I kinda feel like you can hear the angels singing here......"If you are afraid of butter, use cream."  Julia Child
Throw in your veggies....I'm sad to say all I had was bit of onion but...really this is supposed to be a quick fix recipe so I'm letting it go.  Ideally, a green and red peppers would be so pretty here....and some herbs!  If you're not into the butter, use nonstick love....
So....you see what happens when you cook the ham and onion in butter and then add the eggs?  The lovely brown bits mix in beautifully into the eggs.  That's flavor folks.


So I chop my scrambles up a lot for the burritos....more than usual. Take your anger out on the EGGS!
Add your lovely meat veggie mixture....whatever it may be....
So pretty!
So this time I bought weird flavored wraps, but in past weeks I've used plain flour. I can tell you that the jalapeno flavored burritos smell STRONG...so if you buy them, be prepared.
Slap on some salsa, then add your egg mix.
Add cheese if that's your jam.
Now, you just need to roll it up.  I screwed up on this one... I like to put the mix a little more to the edge.  Easier to tuck and roll.
Roll on....
Moving on to the Spinach tortilla's.....see how it's a bit more to one side?  You almost have to mash it all in together when you roll it up.
Then I cut them in half. I never eat the whole thing, so I like that they are in half. So if I take 2 full burritos to work, that really makes 4 breakfasts! However....boys will eat more...mental note :)
So pretty!
Yum!
I wrap them in foil and put them in the freezer.  So easy to grab and go.  I suggest 60 sec to 1,5 min in the micro on high.  I flip them half way.  If you add too much salsa to the recipe, the are going to get a little runny, so be conservative.  Bring salsa on the side and dip em (I'm not together enough to do this, so I have to add at the onset!). Another option is to defrost them and then fry each side in olive oil in a skillet...

I did this in less than an hour. You can too!

Enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment