Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Friday, September 5, 2014

Vintage Camper....Glamper....Miss Rozie...Before and After!

 
 
Here are the before and after pix of the interior of my 1969 Frolic.  I love how Rozie turned out!  I used the orange from the original cushions--- in great shape (amazingly) along with the original curtains---as a template for my color scheme!   
 
BEFORE:
 
 
 
 
AFTER:  
 
 
 
BEFORE:  
 
 
 
AFTER: 
 

 
BEFORE:  
 
 
 
AFTER: 
  
 
 
BEFORE:
 
 
AFTER:  
 
Why are the "after" pics so small?  I have no idea...but I also have no time to figure it out!  (apologies)

The biggest lesson I learned from the redo:  It's all DETAIL work...and it takes forever!  If you are going to GLAMP it up, be prepared to do a crazy amount of detail work inside.  I swear my camper was all corners!   That said.....it's worth it.   I went in the other day before work to shut the windows before a storm and I had to pause...I wanted to stay there for the day.   It was really lovely.  And my family adores it.  It's all US!  I've created a comfortable space for my family to "play" in. 

FYI:  I'm still embellishing the decoupage.   I think a great alternative to replacing buckled paneling is to decoupage/camouflage it.  Why not?  Mod Podge will seal it and colorful paper will provide visual interest and hide flaws. Try it before ripping out your old buckled walls.  Let the next guy do that, and enjoy it as is.  I had to order some of the floral poppy paper all the way from England...it's been discontinued in the U.S. (of course).  But again, worth it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment