Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Friday, October 12, 2012

Fairy Hollow

I'm so excited to introduce my largest fairy creation thus far.  It's called Fairy Hollow!  Since I don't have any shows this month, Fairy Hollow will be going "on tour" to the local shops that sell Books Enchanted.  Right now you can see it at Grace's Place in Paw Paw. 

I was in such a hurry to pack it up for the show once I finished it, that I didn't get alot of good pics.  I figured I'd take some during the show but then my digital conked out.  I took the above pic w/ my horrible 3G iphone but at least it gives you a better idea of the vessel that contains the garden.  It's a vintage metal file drawer painted a bright yellow.  The moss sort of spills over the sides and the grass and plants surround fairy hollow along the back. 

Fairy Hollow has a cluster of fairy houses that surrond a rock paved town square. 

Here's a picture of the funky flowers that grow in fairy hollow, obviously, they are quite enchanted.

I'm annoyed this photo came out blurry, but its a photo of one of those rickety this way-that way signs.  It points the way to  Oz, Wonderland, Hobbiton, and the Dark Forest.  In the front of the pic you can see the moss covered wishing well that has a real working bucket. 

Kind of blurry again, but this is a photo of the fairy ruins and a pond surrounded by rocks and moss.  See the lily pads?
Here's a pic Jessica took at Grace's today that shows more detail.  This garden has been so hard to photograph because of the detail and the background foilage. 



A lovely light string dances above Fairy Hollow!  It's battery operated and can be turned on and off.  The battery pack is hiding within the garden by the "welcome" sign--it's covered in moss-but you can change the batteries whenever you like.

Many exciting discoveries await you in Fairy Hollow!  Many of the details are just too small to photograph.  I hope you get the chance to pop into one of the stores while it "tours"!  Fairy Hollow is available for purchase for $150. 


1 comment: