Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Monday, August 13, 2012

Vampires and Werewolves!

Well, I've been toiling away in my studio (or shall I say my witchy lair!) and making spell books and potions for Halloween 2012.  So good to be making these again!    New for this season, a spell book that includes potions for Vampire and Werewolf repellant!  I have two of these! 

The first one has a black paper rose.  I found some vintage black lace that was fun to include. 

As usual, the spell books are decked out with various moss.  The color and print papers are also new for this year. 

What's the key for?  I'm not sure....to open the coffin?  To open the cabinet with the stakes?  You decide.

 I'm big on the details this year.  Many of my spell books include small potions attached with organza ribbon and twine.
 Here you can see how the black lace is trimmed around the edge of the book. 


 Our mysterious key is attached to the book via some raggedy vintage black ribbon. 

 This book will be available for sale at Graces Place in Paw Paw, MI. or by contacting me via my blog. 


Here is the second vampire/werewolf book I made.
 This one is a bit more rustic with the sticks. 
Aga
 Again, I used the black lace, but in a different way on this book .

 The page dividers are two red crystals hanging from black organza ribbons.


 The page is permanently curled and worn. 

This is a fun and sexy little book, I think.  I'm really happy with the lace.  This will sell on my etsy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment