Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Monday, August 20, 2012

Fairy Frames! (or Pixie Pictures....take your pick)

Fairy Frame anyone?  They are the perfect vessel for your favorite photo of your little fairy or pixie!   They are also lovely for wedding and family photos!


Here's the story of how Fairy Frames came about:
Next door to the fabulous art co-op I belong to in kzoo ( http://www.lotsalittlethings.com) there lives a fun little play house called Fancy Pants Theatre.  I'd definitely recommend it to you parents who are looking for ways to stir your kids creativity, check it out at  http://www.fancypantstheater.webs.com/. Currently they are producing a full scale, k-8 production of Shakespeare's Midsummer Night's Dream. They asked the gallery if we wanted to set up a little table full of fairy items to sell during the show nights (cuz you know the play is all about mischievous woodland Fae!) .  

There are two Fairy Girls thus far at Lotsa Little Things:  Me and Janelle Barrett.  Janelle is a talented painter and fairy door maker:  

Isn't this the cutest?  
She is very talented and her work speaks to my heart!  

So Janelle was sitting at the table the first weekend and called me and said one of the parents at the Midsummer Show saw my books and fairy potions, and her little doors, and said "you should make little frames to put the kids pictures in!"

You know I couldn't let that go!

I love it when I get fantastic ideas for free!  If I had that gals name you can bet your buttons I'd  be giving her credit right now!  What a great idea!  So I scooted over to the goodwill to find 4 fantastic frames to embellish for Fairy Frames and toiled away for a day and a half on them. 

A word about Janelle.....Janelle and I were unable to get together to make our frames, but this is definitely a collaboration! You can see tidbits of her work in the
button flowers and the natural look to some of the frames. 

This is a funny fairy story that defines Janelle and I as different types of Fae ( or artists for that matter).  I met Janelle at one of our opening parties and she said "yay! you can come searching for moss with me!"
I said, "I just go buy mine at Hobby Lobby..." I was very confused...
She said, "I go moss hunting in the woods!" 

Some faery's are natural and woodsy and some fairy's are fancy shopaholics who are addicted to glitter!
(personally I think our world benefits from both)


 So here are the FOUR FANTASTIC FAIRY FRAMES that will be for sale at Midsummer Night's Dream beginning on Thursday, and the first collaboration that I know of, by two artists from Gallery 248  They can be personalized for your child (character). For those of you drooling over these particular specimens...if they don't sell at the show, they will be available at Lotsa Little Things/Gallery 248.    Special Orders are welcome and more to come for the holidays at Grace's Place, Verhage's Cider Mill, and Vineyard's Gourmet Chocolates in Coloma!

Enjoy the pics!















I think this one is my favorite! 









Button Flowers are Janelle's signature! 






No comments:

Post a Comment