Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Friday, June 13, 2014

Meet Miz Rozie


I've caught the vintage camper (aka glamper) bug.  While most people that know me profess I'm not the camping type (true), I am a vintage girl all the way!  I've recycled a gamut of old furniture, junk, and of course, books, so why not a camper?

Miz Rozie is named after my daddy!  Larry "Big Lar" Rozen....who's acting ridiculous here because he's just finished hauling  two vintage Frolic's to my house within 24 hours--on Memorial Day weekend in fact.  He would have preferred to go fishing.  I told him I was going to name the camper after him and then I took his picture.  See, he's super impressed!  "Two campers?" you ask.... yes,  that's a long story for another day.   I sold the first one for a profit and kept Miz Rozie because she was in better shape.   The first one paid for this one.  Yay!




Miz Rozie is a 1969 Frolic made in Elkhart, Indiana.  I think someone tried to paint her camouflage.  How rude!  And then they stuck a deer and fish sticker on her.  UGH---the nerve!


I'm lucky because she came titled and with two sets of her original keys.  She also came with paperwork, including a cookbook. 




 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 




 
 
Let's go inside, shall we? 

She's got her original cushions and curtains, in good shape!  Orange, not my favorite color, but I have a plan.
 

You can see the color of the cushions better here....it's more of a ruddy orange or rust. 
Original oven and vent fan.  Keeping the laminate. 

Vintage built in fan!!!!

Original light fixtures, see the curtains?  The guy before me put in the back wall.  Keeping that, painting the rest after we seal around the windows.

Original floor.  Keeping it!


Original Dometic fridge works!  Painting it w/ chalkboard paint. 
There is an upper bunk above gaucho in the back.  Not sure you can tell.  The door with the mirror is the little bathroom.  Just a potty. 


 
I hate this light fixture (upper one).   My husband seems to think it's original but I disagree.  It's propane.    Does anyone know if it's original?  If not I want to replace it! 
Keeping laminate on table, changing the surround on it to silver edging so it looks more retro.  Everything will be painted.  I know, some of you like to keep original wood.  I must paint! Most will be cream w/ orange and turquoise accents. 



 

 
Yay!  It has the original emblems. 

 
Here's the hubby, he's so excited to work on it.  LOL.

Kids love it.  This is the first night we had her home and we plugged her in and the lights came on!  We were all super excited! 



Rudy the cat also approves

Here's the new color scheme.  Cream walls, orange and teal accents.  There will be decoupage involved.  I cannot resist. 
 
Stay tuned! 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karie,

    I have one of these too!! I'm trying to connect to find out details about our little Frolic. She had no paperwork or anything in her. Can't even find the serial number :(.

    I'm wondering if you're interested in connecting online to discuss progress and questions? I found one other glamper gal that has a very similar trailer. You came up on a google search. I'm MOST smitten with your cookbook and paperwork and I wondered if I could sweettalk (bribe/pay/send chocolate) for digital copies of them? The husband, of course, is most interested in the manual. I think the the cook book would be fun to see! We have already used our little oven on our last outing (we've only had two so far). She's tangerine colored (the oven, not the trailer. Same drawer catches, little different configuration inside and full bath rather than a potty. The folks we bought her from were Hollywood set designers so the inside is sort of mid-century mod and will stay that way. Awful fabric on the cushions, but they're brand new, fresh and clean with nobodies ickies on them so we'll be keeping them for now.

    Looking forward to connecting!

    Pam

    PS - where are you located? We're in Los Angeles. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete