Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Thursday, April 11, 2013

Greek Salad Recipe

Here's a lovely low cal "Greek" veggie salad recipe you are sure to love.  You can add olives and feta to it too.  I'm not a fan of olives and I left off the feta because I didn't have any.   Would also be good with chicken, cucumber, or cherry tomato added in!


The "sauce" is easy.  Whisk together 2 T of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon.  YES, it has to be fresh lemon which adds a "bright" flavor.  The junk in the bottle only adds "sour" flavor!  Don't you ever watch the Food Network? Use more or less lemon depending on taste.  Half a lemon is pretty tart, you may want to start with less.
Now for your veggies:  throw in some green string beans, 2 peppers, and sliced onion--I used sweet onion but purple onion would be pretty in this dish.  Chop it all up to the sizes you like and use amounts to taste.








Drain your artichoke hearts and throw those in.


Chop up one clove of fresh garlic and throw it in there.



I also added fresh Italian Parsley and basil, because I had it.  Salt and pepper to taste and let it sit in the fridge for a bit.  Enjoy!


Other add ins:  Oregano, Cukes, Grape Tomatoes, Beets, Pine Nuts, Chicken










No comments:

Post a Comment