Welcome!

Books Enchanted refers to my art biz, but you'll find tutorials, recipes and lots more here! Thanks for stopping by!
Copyright Karie Ward 2011-2013




Saturday, November 10, 2012

Halloween House!

Of course I have to dress up every year for Halloween as a witch (although my husband says I'm a witch year round (I rather embrace this statement). I thought I might add some pictures of my house because it's chock full of my spell books, potions and more during October!
Here I am with my fancy Etsy witch hat.  I bought this before I became crafty. 
The broom I hold is a handmade decoration I made this year.  It is a real branch (magical of course!) wrapped in Kraft and decked out with moss.  The broom rushes are made of blackish raffia wrapped around the stick in rusty wire and twine.  I only made 2 of these and they were such a pain, I doubt I'll ever make any more!  However, it turned out mighty cute. 
Here's a picture of my living room.  The pillow on the rocker was made by a very talented artisan Danielle Crane of  Sew Creepy Confections http://sewcreepy.blogspot.com/  I love her creepy portraits! 
Of course, I had to set up a spooky Halloween table.  Can you see my creepy chandelier in the upper left corner of the picture?  It's the centerpiece for my craft tent.  I love my little witch too, although my naughty cat Rudy knocked her over this year and broke her nose clean off!  I had to hot glue it back on and my daughter says she looks even scarier now. 
Here's a closeup of my table. 
Thanks for visiting my witchy halloween house!

2 comments:

  1. I love your decorating! What creepy fun!! And thanks for the shout out. I love being able to see my creepy darlings in their new homes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is very fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete